This Italian soup is the most delicious way to get vegetables fix for the day before with pasta
Servings for 10 persons Preparation Time: 15 min Cooking time: 40min
Ingredients are dosed per cup
2 cups Extra Fusilli or other remained pasta
8 cups chicken broth diced
6 cloves garlic minced
2 leeks light green and white part, sliced
2 celery stalks sliced
3 bay leaves
2 cups of eggplant diced
1 cup carrots
1 cup beans cooked
1 cup cabbage chopped
½ cup parsley
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon thyme fresh minced
¼ cheese grated
For the pesto:
2 cloves garlic
¼ grated cheese
- To make the Soup:
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot.
- Add leeks, 6 cloves of garlic, celery, carrots and bay leaves. Cook for about 10 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Pour the chicken broth, the tomatoes, the beans and then the diced eggplant.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add cabbage, thyme and pasta and simmer with lid on for about 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Don’t overcook the pasta.
- To make the pesto:
- Mix and puree parsley, basil, remaining 2 cloves of garlic, the cheese, olive oil and salt in food processor or blender.
- Serve each bowl of soup with a teaspoon of pesto on top.
You can add leftover pieces of meat or chicken to the minestrone soup